Wednesday, July 13, 2011

This week in the garden

Hi.

I just thought I'd share some images from Laurelle's garden. I wish I could share a recording of the crazy bird talk that's going on out there this morning. You probably don't want to know about the mosquitos.

"Midnight Snow" pea blossoms
"Midnight Snow" purple-podded pea
Egyptian "walking" onion. This onion produces top sets - bulblets instead of proper flowers.  You can break off the top clusters, separate the bulblets, and plant them now for super-early scallions next spring.
Salvia and Dianthus

Fairywing poppy


1 comment:

  1. wow, so pretty, Laurelle! I love poppies and sweet peas too... and then I looked again, and found that they are not sweet peas, but Dan's peas! Have you sent him these pics? I bet he'd love to see them!

    ReplyDelete