Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Winter around here . . . .

Looking south on Monday afternoon.
The seasons around here are so distinct, and sometimes harsh, but I sure do like the way they help you mark time passing. And you can't really get sick of the weather because it changes so often. Other places aren't like that . . .

I thought I would share some winter photos with my reading public. (Hey, public: Are you out there? I haven't heard much from you lately . . . .)

Some of the following I think are pretty good shots; others just tell a good story.
Looking out the bedroom window . . . .
. . . . mule deer bed down under the pines.
Yup. That's a "No Trespassing" sign in our neighbor's field. Well at least it's posted . . . .

Dawn alpenglow on Cougar Mountain. Lewis Butte in front. Looking out the living room window.

1 comment:

  1. One of these days I'll make it up there, Laurelle, but probably NOT in your winter. ;-) I sure do love the photos. Those are SOOOME icicles. They look big enough to spear someone's head. I hear from Tony that you may be headed down our way in the spring. Can't wait to see you all!

    ReplyDelete